Sunday 7 February 2010

From London to Soton to Pompey

Last weekend I went to Southampton (Soton) and Portsmouth (Pompey). I actually promised myself that I wont spend any money til March, but I also promised my fren, Mel that i'd go 2 Pompey n stay at her place since she often comes to London n stay at my place. Furthermore, it was the last weekend b4 her term starts. So, Iylia n I decided to go to Soton 1st n meet Mel there, then shoot off to Pompey in the evening. Plus, the fare was cheap so we took advantage of it. =)
From London to Soton = 1pound.
From Soton to Pompey = 3.50pounds.
From Pompey to London = 5pounds.

We actually missed our bus which was scheduled to leave Victoria Station at 8.45am! But we managed to get on the next bus to Soton without any charge! hehehe.. Coz I asked the driver where can I buy a new ticket then he said not to worry bout it n just get on this bus which leaves for Soton in 20min. I was so relieved! Mel did mention that it was a big possibility they'll just let us get on the next bus. It was coz besides us there were only 2 other passengers on it. I thought that was a major waste. Oh well. It was my 1st time traveling that far on a bus coz normally I travel by train. It was comfy! Leather seats. Large room space. Can baringkan the chair some more! hehehe.. It took us about 2hrs+ to get to Soton. We dropped of at West Quay where Mel was waiting 4 us. West Quay is a huge mall. We took a walk around the area, took pictures here and there and finally shoot off to Pompey at 5.30pm. We went straight back to Mel's place, gossiped, bought popcorn and watched a movie 2getha til we fell asleep. The next morning we had fried spaghetti for branch (we woke up pretty late) thanx to Iylia, the chef 4 the day. Mel took us to Gunwharf Quay. Its a branded outlet shopping mall. Had to restrain myself from shopping! Although it was pretty cheap, but I just had to. Things like, FCUK dresses, with discounts from 120pounds to only 24pounds! There was even a denim tube dress for 15pounds, and jackets for 28pounds, both FCUK! Well, that just means, im definitely coming bck! RRRrrrrRRRrrrRRR!! That evening we had dinner at Las Iguanas and took off to London at 8.15pm. Thanks to Mel, we had a great time. Will be bck, fo sho! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment